UPSC Current – QRSAM: Quick Reaction Surface to Air Messel
QRSAM: Quick Reaction Surface to Air Missil
Why in news?
India’s Defence Research and Development Organisation, DRDO has tested QRSAM missle which achieved success in a direct hit pilotless target aircraft at medium range and altitude.
- The launch was taken place from the Integrated Test Range at chandipur off the Odisha coast.
- QRSAM is an Indigenous missile system.
- Weapon system of QRSAM have been manufactured through public sector company BEL, Bharat Dynamic Limited, BDL and through a private palyer L&T.
- Missile system has active radio frequency seekers
- Electro-mechanical actuation system
- QRSAM is a Surface to air missile primarily designed to shield moving armoured columns of the Army energy aerial attacks.
- Range: 25km to 30km
Try Free Mock Test – upsc 2021
Try today’s current affairs MCQs on Netmock