UPSC Current – AQI deteriorates, remains in ‘very poor’ category
AQI deteriorates, remains in ‘very poor’ category
Smog engulfed the Capital as the air quality deteriorated but remained in the “very poor” category. The 24-hour average air quality was 343, based on data from 35 monitoring stations of the Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB).
- Faridabad, Noida, Greater Noida and Ghaziabad were also in the “very poor” category.
- Only Gurugram settled in the “poor” category.
- By evening, several monitoring stations in the Capital were in the “severe” category.
- The Ministry of Earth Sciences’ air quality monitor, SAFAR, said that the air quality is likely to deteriorate further.
- The SAFAR synergised stubble fire counts over Punjab, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, and neighbouring areas have marginally decreased