The Bhoomi Rashi Portal | UPSC CURRENT AFFAIRS |
Subscribe to Mission UPSC 2022 - Click Here
The Bhoomi Rashi Portal
Which of the following statement(s) is/are correct about The Bhoomi Rashi Portal
1) The portal intends to expedite the process of land acquisition for State Highways.
2) It has fully digitized and automated the entire process of land acquisition.
3) It is an e-Governance initiative of the Ministry of Road Transport & Highways.
a) Only 1 and 2
b) Only 2 and 3
c) Only 3
d) Only 1 and 3
Correct Answer is : B
The portal intends to expedite the process of land acquisition for National Highways.
Why in News?
The Supreme Court (SC) has upheld notifications issued under theNational Highways Act, 1956, for acquisition of land for construction of the Chennai-Krishnagiri-Salem national highway.
- The Bhoomi Rashi Portal is an e-Governance initiative of the Ministry of Road Transport & Highways.
- The portal intends to expedite the process of land acquisition for National Highways.
- It has fully digitized and automated the entire process of land acquisition.
- It has helped to make land acquisition error-free & more transparent with notifications at every stage being processed on a real-time basis.
- Earlier, the acquisition of land for the purpose of National Highway projects, payment of compensation to the landowners etc. was done manually by physical movement of documents.
- It had some constraints viz. delay in issuing land acquisition notification, errors in the land/ area details etc.
- The portal is integrated with the Public Financial Management System (PFMS) for depositing the compensation in the account of affected/ interested persons on a real-time basis.
CRACK UPSC EXAM IN 200 DAYS! –> CLICK HERE
PRELIMS + MAINS GUIDANCE PROGRAMME —> CLICK HERE
Spectrum Modern Indian History MCQs Video Series –> CLICK HERE
ART AND CULTURE MCQs VIDEO SERIES –> CLICK HERE
Welcome to Netmock. Netmock is India’s leading website for UPSC/IAS UPPCS preparation. Areas like General Studies, Current Affairs, Spectrum Modern Indian History, Indian Polity Laxmikant Indian Economy, Indian art and culture, Geography, Environment & Ecology, National issues, International issues, The Hindu analysis, The Hindu analysis, Current Affairs MCQs 100 and 200 days UPSC preparation are covered.
Prince Luthra Sir (AIR 577) will guide you throughout your journey of Prelims, Miains and Interview. Once you crack this exam you can also talk to Prince Sir about Lbsnaa as well as postings experiences.
All the best!