Telangana achieves 100 % tap water connections to schools | UPSC CURRENT AFFAIRS
Telangana achieves 100 % tap water connections to schools: Current Affairs
Telangana achieves 100 % tap water connections to schools
Relevance: Government Schools and Initiatives
Context: Telangana joined a group of handful of States in the country to provide tap water supply to all schools and anganwadis.
- Five other States achieved this were — Andhra Pradesh, Himachal Pradesh, Goa, Haryana and Tamil Nadu.
- Last year, on the occasion of Gandhi Jayanti, Prime Minister had launched the 100-day Special Campaign to ensure piped safe water to all schools and anganwadis under the Ministry of Jal Shakti’s Jal Jeevan Mission.
- Previously, the State had become the only one, along with Goa, to provide functional tap connections to all households.
About Jal Jeevan Mission:
- Jal Jeevan Mission, a central government initiative under the Ministry of Jal Shakti, aims to ensure access of piped water for every household in India.
- The mission’s goal is to provide to all households in rural India safe and adequate water through individual household tap connections by 2024.
- The programme aims to implement source sustainability measures as mandatory elements, such as recharge and reuse through grey water management, water conservation, and rain water harvesting.
- It will be based on a community approach to water. The mission will include information, education and communication as key components. The mission is meant to create a people’s movement for water, making it everyone’s priority.
CRACK UPSC EXAM IN 200 DAYS! –> CLICK HERE
PRELIMS + MAINS GUIDANCE PROGRAMME —> CLICK HERE
Spectrum Modern Indian History MCQs Video Series –> CLICK HERE
ART AND CULTURE MCQs VIDEO SERIES –> CLICK HERE
Welcome to Netmock. Netmock is India’s leading website for UPSC/IAS UPPCS preparation. Areas like General Studies, Daily Current Affairs MCQs for UPSC, Spectrum Modern Indian History, Indian Polity Laxmikant Indian Economy, Indian art and culture, Geography, Environment & Ecology, National issues, International issues, The Hindu analysis, The Hindu analysis, Current Affairs MCQs 100 and 200 days UPSC preparation are covered.