Talamaddale | UPSC CURRENT AFFAIRS |
Talamaddale: Current Affairs
Relevance: Art and Culture
Context: Talamaddale, a performance of the variant of Yakshagana theatre was streamed live on social media.
What is Talamaddale?
- Unlike the Yakshagana performance, in the conventional ‘talamaddale,’ the artists sit across in a place without any costumes and engage in testing their oratory skills based on the episode chosen.
- If music is common for both Yakshagana performance and ‘talamaddale’, the latter has only spoken word without any dance or costumes. Hence it is an art form minus dance, costumes and stage conventions.
- Under the changed circumstances due to the lockdown, many Yakshagana artists and Yakshagana-related organisations are hosting the virtual ‘talamaddale’ live programmes on the Facebook, YouTube since past over a fortnight.
What is Yakshagana?
- Yakshagana, dance-drama of South India, associated most strongly with the state of
- Elaborate and colourful costumes, makeup, and masks constitute some of the most-striking features of the art form.
- Traditionally, yakshagana was performed in the open air by all-male troupes sponsored by various Hindu temples.
PRELIMS + MAINS GUIDANCE PROGRAMME —> CLICK HERE
Spectrum Modern Indian History MCQs Video Series –> CLICK HERE
ART AND CULTURE MCQs VIDEO SERIES –> CLICK HERE
Welcome to Netmock. Netmock is India’s leading website for UPSC/IAS UPPCS preparation. Areas like General Studies, Daily Current Affairs MCQs for UPSC, Spectrum Modern Indian History, Indian Polity Laxmikant Indian Economy, Indian art and culture, Geography, Environment & Ecology, National issues, International issues, The Hindu analysis, The Hindu analysis, Current Affairs MCQs 100 and 200 days UPSC preparation are covered.