Swachhta Saarthi Fellowship | UPSC CURRENT AFFAIRS |
Swachhta Saarthi Fellowship: Current Affairs
Swachhta Saarthi Fellowship
Relevance: Government Schemes and Initiatives
Context: The Union Government’s Office of the Principal Scientific Advisor has launched Swachhta Saarthi Fellowship.
About Swachhta Saarthi Fellowship:
- This Fellowship is for the students, community workers, self-help groups and municipal and sanitary workers engaged in tackling the waste management scientifically and sustainably.
- The fellowship is an initiative to empower young innovators in community work of waste management, awareness campaigns, waste surveys, and studies as Swachhta Saarthis and implement actions to reduce waste for a greener planet.
- The fellowship has been launched under the Government’s “Waste to Wealth” Mission. The Waste to Wealth Mission is one of the nine national missions of the Prime Minister’s Science, Technology, and Innovation Advisory Council (PM-STIAC).
- It is aimed to empower interested students and citizens to continuously engage in their attempts to reduce waste in cities and rural areas, read an official statement.
- The fellowship is open to school students from Class 9 to Class 12 and college students including undergraduate, postgraduate and research students.
- It is also open to citizens working in the community and through SHGs, municipal or sanitary workers working beyond specifications of their job requirement/descriptions.
PRELIMS + MAINS GUIDANCE PROGRAMME —> CLICK HERE
Spectrum Modern Indian History MCQs Video Series –> CLICK HERE
ART AND CULTURE MCQs VIDEO SERIES –> CLICK HERE
Welcome to Netmock. Netmock is India’s leading website for UPSC/IAS UPPCS preparation. Areas like General Studies, Daily Current Affairs MCQs for UPSC, Spectrum Modern Indian History, Indian Polity Laxmikant Indian Economy, Indian art and culture, Geography, Environment & Ecology, National issues, International issues, The Hindu analysis, The Hindu analysis, Current Affairs MCQs 100 and 200 days UPSC preparation are covered.