Russia-China-India (RIC) grouping | UPSC CURRENT AFFAIRS |
Russia-China-India (RIC) grouping: Current Affairs
Russia-China-India (RIC) grouping
Relevance: International Relation
Context: India will participate in the virtual meeting of the Russia-India-China grouping.
More on news:
- This special session of the RIC has been chaired by Russia to commemorate the 75th anniversary of the victory in the Second World War over Nazism and creation of the United Nations.
- It has discussed about the promotion of Regional connectivity projects such as the International North South Transport Corridor involving India, Russia and Iran are highlighted.
- It has prohibited the discussions on bilateral issues like Galwan valley clashes between India and China.
About the RIC
- This grouping was conceived by the then Russian foreign minister Yevgeny Primakov in 1990s. The group was founded on the basis of ‘ending its subservient foreign policy guided by the US’ and ‘renewing old ties with India and fostering the newly discovered friendship with China.’
- All the three countries wanted a transition from a unipolar to a multipolar world order. The RIC shared some non-West (as distinct from anti-West) perspectives on the global order.
- RIC countries occupy over 19 percent of the global landmass and contribute to over 33 percent of global GDP.
PRELIMS + MAINS GUIDANCE PROGRAMME —> CLICK HERE
Spectrum Modern Indian History MCQs Video Series –> CLICK HERE
ART AND CULTURE MCQs VIDEO SERIES –> CLICK HERE
Welcome to Netmock. Netmock is India’s leading website for UPSC/IAS UPPCS preparation. Areas like General Studies, Daily Current Affairs MCQs for UPSC, Spectrum Modern Indian History, Indian Polity Laxmikant Indian Economy, Indian art and culture, Geography, Environment & Ecology, National issues, International issues, The Hindu analysis, The Hindu analysis, Current Affairs MCQs 100 and 200 days UPSC preparation are covered.