Operation Desert Chase | UPSC CURRENT AFFAIRS
Operation Desert Chase: Current Affairs
Operation Desert Chase
Context: Under Operation Desert, Rajasthan Police arrested two civil defense employees. Both the accused were found sharing confidential information with Pakistan’s intelligence agency and they were arrested under relevant sections of Official Secrets Act, 1923.
About Operation Desert Chase:
- Operation Desert Chase is an anti-espionage operation was started by Military Intelligence in early 2019. The operation involved the Military intelligence Unit and Rajasthan state police.
About Officials Secret Act, 1923
- The Official Secrets Act was fKirst enacted in 1923and was retained after Independence.
- This law is applicable to government servants and citizens which provides the framework for dealing with espionage, sedition, and other potential threats to the integrity of the nation.
- The law makes spying, sharing ‘secret’ information, unauthorised use of uniforms, withholding information, interference with the armed forces in prohibited/restricted areas, among others, punishable offences. If found guilty, a person may get up to 14 years’ imprisonment, a fine, or both.
- The information could be any reference to a place belonging to or occupied by the government, documents, photographs, sketches, maps, plans, models, official codes or passwords.
CRACK UPSC EXAM IN 200 DAYS! –> CLICK HERE
PRELIMS + MAINS GUIDANCE PROGRAMME —> CLICK HERE
Spectrum Modern Indian History MCQs Video Series –> CLICK HERE
ART AND CULTURE MCQs VIDEO SERIES –> CLICK HERE
Welcome to Netmock. Netmock is India’s leading website for UPSC/IAS UPPCS preparation. Areas like General Studies, Daily Current Affairs MCQs for UPSC, Spectrum Modern Indian History, Indian Polity Laxmikant Indian Economy, Indian art and culture, Geography, Environment & Ecology, National issues, International issues, The Hindu analysis, The Hindu analysis, Current Affairs MCQs 100 and 200 days UPSC preparation are covered.