Merchant Digitization Summit | UPSC CURRENT AFFAIRS |
Merchant Digitization Summit: Current Affairs
Merchant Digitization Summit
Context: The Merchant Digitization Summit 2021 recently take place.
About Merchant Digitization Summit 2021:
- Theme/Focus: Towards Aatmanirbhar (Self Reliance) Bharat with special focus on Himalayan Regions, North East Regions and Aspirational Districts of India.
- Organised by: Ministry of Finance, Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI), and UN-based Better Than Cash Alliance.
- The Summit brought together leaders from the public and private sectors for the Responsible Merchant Digitization Summit to accelerate responsible digitization of merchants in India’s North-Eastern and Himalayan regions, and Aspirational districts.
- It aims at empowering women merchants who play critical roles in their communities is one of the priorities to help achieve the mission of Digital India.
Better Than Cash Alliance:
- Foundation: 2012
- It is a partnership of governments, companies, and international organizations that accelerates the transition from cash to responsibledigital payments to help achieve the Sustainable Development Goals.
- HQ: United Nations (New York).
- The Alliance has 75 members which are committed to digitizing payments in order to boost efficiency, transparency, women’s economic participation and financial inclusion, helping build economies that are digital and inclusive.
- India is the member of this alliance.
PRELIMS + MAINS GUIDANCE PROGRAMME —> CLICK HERE
Spectrum Modern Indian History MCQs Video Series –> CLICK HERE
ART AND CULTURE MCQs VIDEO SERIES –> CLICK HERE
Welcome to Netmock. Netmock is India’s leading website for UPSC/IAS UPPCS preparation. Areas like General Studies, Daily Current Affairs MCQs for UPSC, Spectrum Modern Indian History, Indian Polity Laxmikant Indian Economy, Indian art and culture, Geography, Environment & Ecology, National issues, International issues, The Hindu analysis, The Hindu analysis, Current Affairs MCQs 100 and 200 days UPSC preparation are covered.