Lilavati Award 2020 | UPSC CURRENT AFFAIRS |
Lilavati Award 2020: Current Affairs
Lilavati Award 2020
Context: Union Minister of Education launches Lilavati Award-2020
About Lilavati Award 2020
- The Lilavati Award is an initiative of the AICTE (All India Council for Technical Education), and it aims to recognize efforts by AICTE-approved institutions to treat women with ‘equality and fairness.
- The award has been named after the 12th century book called “Lilavati”. The book was written by the mathematician Bhaskara II. Lilavati was the daughter of Indian Mathematician Bhaskara II.
- The theme of this award is women empowerment and it aims to use ‘traditional Indian values’ to raise awareness on issues such as sanitation, hygiene, health and nutrition.
- It also aims to create awareness about issues like literacy, employment, technology, credit, marketing, innovation, skill development, natural resources etc.
- Teams can apply based on their work undertaken in the last two years. In each sub-category, the top three winners will be awarded with certificates as well as prize money. The first prize winner will get Rs. 1 lakh, the second winner will get Rs. 75,000 and the third winner will get Rs. 50,000.
CRACK UPSC EXAM IN 200 DAYS! –> CLICK HERE
PRELIMS + MAINS GUIDANCE PROGRAMME —> CLICK HERE
Spectrum Modern Indian History MCQs Video Series –> CLICK HERE
ART AND CULTURE MCQs VIDEO SERIES –> CLICK HERE
Welcome to Netmock. Netmock is India’s leading website for UPSC/IAS UPPCS preparation. Areas like General Studies, Daily Current Affairs MCQs for UPSC, Spectrum Modern Indian History, Indian Polity Laxmikant Indian Economy, Indian art and culture, Geography, Environment & Ecology, National issues, International issues, The Hindu analysis, The Hindu analysis, Current Affairs MCQs 100 and 200 days UPSC preparation are covered.