Jal Shakti Abhiyan: Catch the Rain Campaign | UPSC CURRENT AFFAIRS |
Jal Shakti Abhiyan: Catch the Rain Campaign: Current Affairs
Jal Shakti Abhiyan: Catch the Rain Campaign (JSA-CRT):
Relevance: Government Schemes and Initiatives
Context: Ministry of Jal Shakti has launched the Catch the Rain Campaign.
About Catch the Rain Campaign:
- Theme: Catch the rain, where it falls, when it falls.
- It aims at focusing on saving and conserving rainwater in the pre-monsoon and monsoon periods covering both urban and rural areas of all the districts in the country.
- It also nudges the states and all stakeholders to create Rain Water Harvesting Structures (RWHS) suitable for the climatic conditions and sub-soil strata, with people’s active participation.
About Jal Shakti Abhiyan
- The Abhiyan was launched in 2019 by the Ministry of Jal Shakti.
- It is a campaign for water conservation and water security.
- The JSA aims at making water conservation a Jan Andolan through asset creation and extensive communication.
- It is a time-bound campaign with a mission mode approach intending to improve water availability including groundwater conditions in the water-stressed blocks of 256 districts.
- It aims at intervening in with five targets, that is
- Water conservation & rainwater harvesting
- Renovation of traditional and other water-bodies/tanks,
- Reuse and recharge of bore-wells
- Watershed development
- Intensive afforestation
PRELIMS + MAINS GUIDANCE PROGRAMME —> CLICK HERE
Spectrum Modern Indian History MCQs Video Series –> CLICK HERE
ART AND CULTURE MCQs VIDEO SERIES –> CLICK HERE
Welcome to Netmock. Netmock is India’s leading website for UPSC/IAS UPPCS preparation. Areas like General Studies, Daily Current Affairs MCQs for UPSC, Spectrum Modern Indian History, Indian Polity Laxmikant Indian Economy, Indian art and culture, Geography, Environment & Ecology, National issues, International issues, The Hindu analysis, The Hindu analysis, Current Affairs MCQs 100 and 200 days UPSC preparation are covered.