Influenza A (H5N8) virus | UPSC CURRENT AFFAIRS
Influenza A (H5N8) virus: Current Affairs
Influenza A (H5N8) virus:
Context: Russia Detects World’s 1st Case of H5N8 Avian Flu in Humans.
About Avian Influenza (Bird Flu):
- Avian influenza refers to the disease caused by infection with avian (bird) influenza (flu) Type A viruses.
- These viruses occur naturally among wild aquatic birds worldwide and can infect domestic poultry and other bird and animal species.
- Avian flu viruses do not normally infect humans.
- However, sporadic human infections with avian flu viruses have occurred.
About the H5N8 strain of avian flu:
- The H5N8 is a sub-type of the Influenza A virus that causes flu-like symptoms in birds and mammals.
- Before Russia reported the first case of human transmission, H5N8 was largely believed to be restricted to birds and poultry.
When India was declared free from Avian Influenza?
- India was declared free from Avian Influenza in
- Russia shares land boundary with: Norway, Finland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania ,Poland, Belarus, Ukraine, Georgia, and Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, China, Mongolia, and North Korea.
- Additionally the country shares maritime borders with Sweden, Japan (by the Sea of Okhotsk) and the S. state of Alaska across the Bering Strait.
CRACK UPSC EXAM IN 200 DAYS! –> CLICK HERE
PRELIMS + MAINS GUIDANCE PROGRAMME —> CLICK HERE
Spectrum Modern Indian History MCQs Video Series –> CLICK HERE
ART AND CULTURE MCQs VIDEO SERIES –> CLICK HERE
Welcome to Netmock. Netmock is India’s leading website for UPSC/IAS UPPCS preparation. Areas like General Studies, Daily Current Affairs MCQs for UPSC, Spectrum Modern Indian History, Indian Polity Laxmikant Indian Economy, Indian art and culture, Geography, Environment & Ecology, National issues, International issues, The Hindu analysis, The Hindu analysis, Current Affairs MCQs 100 and 200 days UPSC preparation are covered.