Healthy and Energy Efficient Buildings initiative | UPSC CURRENT AFFAIRS |
Healthy and Energy Efficient Buildings initiative: Current Affairs
Healthy and Energy Efficient Buildings initiative
Context: On occasion of World Environment Day, Healthy and Energy Efficient Building initiative was launched.
What is Healthy and Energy Efficient Buildings initiative?
- Healthy and Energy Efficient Buildings is an initiative to pioneer ways to make workplaces healthier and greener.
- This initiative will address the challenges of retrofitting in existing buildings and air conditioning systems so that they are both healthy and energy efficient.
- It has been launched by Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL) in partnership with the S. Agency for International Development’s (USAID) under the MAITREE program.
About the MAITREE program
- The Market Integration and Transformation Program for Energy Efficiency (MAITREE) is an initiative launched as a part of the US-India bilateral Partnership between the Ministry of Power and USAID
- This program focuses on accelerating the adoption of cost-effective energy efficiency as a standard practice within buildings, and specifically focuses on cooling.
- USAID is the world’s premier international development agency and a catalytic actor driving development results.
- USAID works to help lift lives, build communities, and advance democracy.
- USAID’s work advances U.S. national security and economic prosperity; demonstrates American generosity; and promotes a path to recipient self-reliance and resilience.
CRACK UPSC EXAM IN 200 DAYS! –> CLICK HERE
PRELIMS + MAINS GUIDANCE PROGRAMME —> CLICK HERE
Spectrum Modern Indian History MCQs Video Series –> CLICK HERE
ART AND CULTURE MCQs VIDEO SERIES –> CLICK HERE
Welcome to Netmock. Netmock is India’s leading website for UPSC/IAS UPPCS preparation. Areas like General Studies, Daily Current Affairs MCQs for UPSC, Spectrum Modern Indian History, Indian Polity Laxmikant Indian Economy, Indian art and culture, Geography, Environment & Ecology, National issues, International issues, The Hindu analysis, The Hindu analysis, Current Affairs MCQs 100 and 200 days UPSC preparation are covered.