Go Electric Campaign | UPSC CURRENT AFFAIRS
Go Electric Campaign: Current Affairs
Go Electric Campaign:
Context: Go-Electric Campaign has launched to boost the adoption of electric mobility vehicles in the country
About GO-Electric Campaign:
- “Go Electric” Campaign to spread awareness on the benefits of e-mobility and EV Charging Infrastructure as well as electric cooking in India.
- Ministry: Union Ministry of Road Transport & Highways and Ministry of Power and New & Renewable Energy,
- It will help in reducing the import dependency of the country in the coming years and be an important step towards a cleaner and greener future.
- It will promote cost-effective, environment-friendly, and indigenous electric products.
- It will also boost the confidence of Electric Vehicle manufacturers.
- It will also help in reducing the country’s dependence on other countries for energy needs.
- It also emphasised on the use of Clean and Safe Electric Cooking and urged the citizens to adopt Electric Cooking which is safe and can benefit consumers due to Low Heat Wastage being energy efficient.
- The launch Event also witnessed the unveiling of “Go Electric” logo which depicts the evolution of e-mobility eco-system. Audio Visual Creative specifically designed for enhancing consumer awareness were also screened during the launch.
- An exhibition was organised by the industry players displaying different electric vehicles including e-buses, e-cars, 3-wheelers, and 2-wheelers apart from available charging options such as Fast Chargers and Slow Chargers.
- Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE), under the aegis of the Ministry of Power has been mandated to undertake an awareness drive for promoting Public Charging, e-mobility & its ecosystem. To implement the ‘Go Electric’ campaign at National and State level, BEE will extend technical support to the State Designated Agencies (SDAs).
- As a Central Nodal Agency, BEE will provide content and details to State Designated Agencies and other partners to ensure uniformity of information.
CRACK UPSC EXAM IN 200 DAYS! –> CLICK HERE
PRELIMS + MAINS GUIDANCE PROGRAMME —> CLICK HERE
Spectrum Modern Indian History MCQs Video Series –> CLICK HERE
ART AND CULTURE MCQs VIDEO SERIES –> CLICK HERE
Welcome to Netmock. Netmock is India’s leading website for UPSC/IAS UPPCS preparation. Areas like General Studies, Daily Current Affairs MCQs for UPSC, Spectrum Modern Indian History, Indian Polity Laxmikant Indian Economy, Indian art and culture, Geography, Environment & Ecology, National issues, International issues, The Hindu analysis, The Hindu analysis, Current Affairs MCQs 100 and 200 days UPSC preparation are covered.