Go Electric Campaign | UPSC CURRENT AFFAIRS |
Go Electric Campaign: Current Affairs
Go Electric Campaign
Relevance: Government Schemes and Initiatives
Context: Ministry of Power has informed the Lok Sabha about the status of the Go Electric Campaign.
About Go Electric Campaign:
- Ministry: Ministry of Power
- It was launched in February 2021 to create awareness among the masses on the benefits of adopting Electric Vehicles and Electric Cooking appliances such as Induction cook hobs, Electric pressure cooker etc.
- This initiative is intended to encourage consumers to switch over to Electric Vehicles and Electric Cooking in place of currently used conventional modes and appliances, thereby, reducing the dependency of the country on imported fuel.
- It is expected to help the country to achieve energy transition as well as low carbon economic growth in the future.
- These technologies being energy efficient, are expected to scale down mobility and cooking-related emissions, securing a cleaner and greener future.
- The share of renewables in the energy mix is expected to increase due to the integration of more renewable-based power generation.
- The Benefits of adopting these electricity-based technologies shall be completely realized by enhancing the share of renewables in the Grid.
PRELIMS + MAINS GUIDANCE PROGRAMME —> CLICK HERE
Spectrum Modern Indian History MCQs Video Series –> CLICK HERE
ART AND CULTURE MCQs VIDEO SERIES –> CLICK HERE
Welcome to Netmock. Netmock is India’s leading website for UPSC/IAS UPPCS preparation. Areas like General Studies, Daily Current Affairs MCQs for UPSC, Spectrum Modern Indian History, Indian Polity Laxmikant Indian Economy, Indian art and culture, Geography, Environment & Ecology, National issues, International issues, The Hindu analysis, The Hindu analysis, Current Affairs MCQs 100 and 200 days UPSC preparation are covered.