Global Innovation and Technology Alliance (GITA) | UPSC CURRENT AFFAIRS |
Global Innovation and Technology Alliance (GITA): Current Affairs
Global Innovation and Technology Alliance (GITA)
Context: Union Minister of Science & Technology participated in the 9th Foundation Day of GITA.
About the GITA
- GITA is a ‘not–for–profit’ Section-25 Public-Private Partnership (PPP) company.
- It is promoted jointly by the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) with 51% holding and the Technology Development Board (TDB), Department of Science & Technology (DST), Government of India with 49%
- It is an innovative mechanism between the government and the Indian industry for attracting the industry’s investment in technology by mapping technology gaps, evaluating technology offers across the globe.
- GITA manages the government’s fund to provide funding support to the Indian industry for doing Research & Development in partnership with industry in other countries.
- It facilitates bilateral industrial Research &Development funding programs in the identified areas. Under such a program, industry from India and industry from a foreign country can jointly propose to do R&D in the identified areas
CRACK UPSC EXAM IN 200 DAYS! –> CLICK HERE
PRELIMS + MAINS GUIDANCE PROGRAMME —> CLICK HERE
Spectrum Modern Indian History MCQs Video Series –> CLICK HERE
ART AND CULTURE MCQs VIDEO SERIES –> CLICK HERE
Welcome to Netmock. Netmock is India’s leading website for UPSC/IAS UPPCS preparation. Areas like General Studies, Daily Current Affairs MCQs for UPSC, Spectrum Modern Indian History, Indian Polity Laxmikant Indian Economy, Indian art and culture, Geography, Environment & Ecology, National issues, International issues, The Hindu analysis, The Hindu analysis, Current Affairs MCQs 100 and 200 days UPSC preparation are covered.