DGGI arrests company director for fraudulently availing input tax credit | UPSC CURRENT AFFAIRS
DGGI arrests company director for fraudulently availing input tax credit
Why in News?
- Officials of the Directorate General of GST Intelligence’s (DGGI) Nagpur zonal unit have arrested a company’s director for fraudulent availment of an input tax credit of ₹ 49.19 crore.
- Directorate General of GST Intelligence (DGGI)
- It is an apex intelligence organization functioning under the Central Board of Indirect Taxes & Customs (CBIC), Department of Revenue, Union Ministry of Finance.
- It is entrusted with the task of collection, collation and dissemination of intelligence relating to evasion of Goods and Services Tax (GST) and duties of Central Excise and Service Tax on an all India basis.
- It develops intelligence, especially in new areas of tax evasion through its intelligence network across the country and disseminates such information, by issuing Modus Operandi Circulars and Alert Circulars to sensitize the field formations about the latest trends in duty evasion.
- It comprises of 04 offices of Director General (East, West North and South), 26 Zonal Units and 40 Regional Units.
- DGGI exchanges information with various agencies for combating indirect tax evasion and frauds which includes Income Tax Department, Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU), Central Economic Intelligence Bureau (CEIB), Serious Fraud Investigation Office (SFIO), NATGRID (National Intelligence Grid).
CRACK UPSC EXAM IN 200 DAYS! –> CLICK HERE
PRELIMS + MAINS GUIDANCE PROGRAMME —> CLICK HERE
Spectrum Modern Indian History MCQs Video Series –> CLICK HERE
ART AND CULTURE MCQs VIDEO SERIES –> CLICK HERE
Welcome to Netmock. Netmock is India’s leading website for UPSC/IAS UPPCS preparation. Areas like General Studies, Current Affairs, Spectrum Modern Indian History, Indian Polity Laxmikant Indian Economy, Indian art and culture, Geography, Environment & Ecology, National issues, International issues, The Hindu analysis, The Hindu analysis, Current Affairs MCQs 100 and 200 days UPSC preparation are covered.
Prince Luthra Sir (AIR 577) will guide you throughout your journey of Prelims, Miains and Interview. Once you crack this exam you can also talk to Prince Sir about Lbsnaa as well as postings experiences.
All the best!