Department of Fertilizers ranks third in implementing Central schemes
The Department scored 4.11 on a scale of 5 on Data Governance Quality Index survey conducted by Niti Aayog to assess different ministries/departments’ performance in the implementation of Central sector schemes and Centrally sponsored schemes.
- The department headed by Minister D.V. Sadananda Gowda has secured third rank out of 65 departments/ministries.
- It has achieved 2nd place among major 16 economic ministries and departments.
- The Survey was conducted by Development Monitoring and Evaluation Office (DMEO), Niti Aayog.
- The Department of Fertilizers uses desktop PoS and linkages with soil health cards to promote efficient sale of fertilizers and direct benefit transfer (DBT) of fertilizer subsidy to farmers.
- The survey was conducted to assess the data preparedness of various ministries/departments on a standardized framework to encourage competition among them and promote best practices.