Atal Innovation Mission | UPSC CURRENT AFFAIRS |
Atal Innovation Mission: Current Affairs
Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) and Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Context: The Atal Innovation Mission (AIM), NITI Aayog, and Amazon Web Services (AWS) collaborated for developing education startups in India.
More on News:
- This initiative aims to strengthen the innovation and entrepreneurship ecosystem in India, by empowering school students with cloud computing skills, and enabling entrepreneurs to build innovative education technology(EdTech) solutions on the cloud.
- A Statement of Intent (SoI) was signed between NITI Aayog and Amazon Internet Services Private Limited (AISPL), which undertakes the resale and marketing of AWS Cloud services in India.
- As per the SoI, AIM will leverage AWS Educate, Amazon’s global program that provides resources for students and educators to accelerate cloud-related learning.
- This program will introduce the fundamentals of cloud computing such as artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning (ML), and virtual reality (VR), etc. to students at more than 7000 Atal Tinkering Labs (ATLs) in India.
- AWS will also conduct Faculty Development Programs (FDPs) for the personnel in-charge at the ATLs.
- It will also provide resources and tools at each ATL to expedite student learning, and enable them to create and build solutions on the cloud.
- AIM will also adopt AWS EdStart, a virtual startup accelerator program that enables EdTech startups to develop innovative teaching and learning solutions on AWS.
About Atal Innovation Mission (AIM)
- AIM is a flagship initiativeset by the NITI Ayog to create and promote a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship across the length and breadth of our country.
- Its objectives are to create and promote an ecosystem of innovation and entrepreneurship across the country at school, university, research institutions, and MSME and industry levels.
- The Atal Innovation Mission has the following two core functions:
- Entrepreneurship promotion through Self-Employment and Talent Utilization: wherein innovators would be supported and mentored to become successful entrepreneurs.
- Innovation promotion: to provide a platform where innovative ideas are general.
PRELIMS + MAINS GUIDANCE PROGRAMME —> CLICK HERE
Spectrum Modern Indian History MCQs Video Series –> CLICK HERE
ART AND CULTURE MCQs VIDEO SERIES –> CLICK HERE
Welcome to Netmock. Netmock is India’s leading website for UPSC/IAS UPPCS preparation. Areas like General Studies, Daily Current Affairs MCQs for UPSC, Spectrum Modern Indian History, Indian Polity Laxmikant Indian Economy, Indian art and culture, Geography, Environment & Ecology, National issues, International issues, The Hindu analysis, The Hindu analysis, Current Affairs MCQs 100 and 200 days UPSC preparation are covered.